COVID-19 SAFTEY PROTOCOL
How the Ears Hearing Clinic is keeping you safe
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
I would like to say THANK YOU for all your support, kind words and generosity over the past couple of months.
We received so many words of kindness and uplifting messages. Just knowing we had the support of our amazing clients, friends and family was encouragement enough to feel confident in moving forward. Thank You. Please know that your support during this time helped tremendously.
Ensuring the safety and wellness of our clients and staff are of utmost importance. We have always had a strict infection control plan in place however, we are making changes to protect us all even further. We will continue to abide strictly to the guidelines from the BC Ministry of Health, WorkSafe BC and The College of Speech & Hearing Professionals of BC regarding operations during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to reducing the traffic in and out of our clinic, we are taking the following measures to keep our clients and staff safe.
- COVID-19 informational signage throughout the clinic to keep staff and clients safe, including occupancy limits and effective hygiene practices.
- All workers have received the policies for staying home when sick.
- Limited seating in our reception area to enforce 6 – 8 feet social distancing rules.
- All clients (and family members if applicable) will be educated on new COVID-19 protocols.
- There will be the option of Patient Information/Consent Forms being emailed or mailed to each client prior to the appointment. These forms can be submitted electronically if desired.
- Our Doors will be locked at all times. This will allow us to control entry. Please call us before your arrival or if you do not have a mobile telephone please knock on the door. We will inform you when entry for your appointment is possible. You may remain in your vehicle and we will let you know when we are ready for you.
- Pre-Screening of all clients (prior to arrival via telephone and all clients must fill out a COVID-19 Self-Declaration at every visit).
- Staff will monitor their temperatures twice daily (AM & PM).
- When you visit, we ask that you follow the guidelines set by BC Ministry of Health and that you reschedule your appointments if you are feeling unwell.
- If you are awaiting COVID-19 testing, have been in contact with someone that is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19, if you have been out of the province or in contact with someone that is self-isolating, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- Basic infection prevention measures such as hand washing, before and after every client.
- Increased clinic sanitization procedures.
- PlexiGlass Barriers in our reception and office areas to protect against respiratory droplets.
- Common clinic areas will be cleaned and sanitized on an hourly basis and after every client.
- Removal of shared items such as magazines, water cooler and self-serve coffee.
- PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment) will be worn by all staff members when in contact with clients (masks, face shields, gloves).
- It is also mandatory that our clients wear masks while at our clinic. Please bring your own mask to your appointment – if you do not have a mask one will be supplied to you.
- All clients will be asked to use the hand sanitizer provided upon arrival.
- During some appointments, it will not be possible to maintain the required physical distancing rules. PPE’s will be worn at all times.
- Appointment times will be adjusted to allow stringent sanitization of all clinic surfaces in between appointments.
- Employees will stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms (fever, chills, sore throat, shortness of breath, new or worsening cough).
- While seeing clients, our clinicians will do everything possible to keep a safe distance from clients.
- We are operating “By Appointment Only” until further notice. Until further notice, we cannot offer walk-ins service until further notice. This is for the staff and client’s safety which allows us to regulate the flow through our clinic and properly sanitize before each client.
- “Curb-Side Service” is still available.
- Unless necessary, we are asking our clients to attend your appointments alone (i.e.. Not to bring family members or friends).
- Please do not bring outside food or drinks into the clinic. All clients are required to wear masks while at the clinic and therefore we ask that you do not bring these items.
- Extensive training provided to all staff on cleaning and safety protocols.
- Protocols will be reviewed, and adjusted if necessary, at regular intervals.